Baby Swing or Bouncer Cause Brain Damage
Baby Swing or Bouncer Cause Brain Damage

A study has found that Shaken baby syndrome destroys the brain cells of a child and prevents the brain from getting oxygen. A lack of oxygen in the brain can result in severe brain damage or even death. 

Shaken Baby Syndrome or Shaken Impact Syndrome usually occurs in children under age 2 and it might affect children throughout their lives. According to research, 90% of Syndrome occurs in infants before 6 months, and the vast majority happen between 2 and 4 months of age when babies tend to cry the most. 

Can bouncing cause shaken baby syndrome? or (Do baby swings cause brain damage?)

The short answer is NO but unfortunately, it can be a lot more complicated than just picking the right answer. You should be careful to secure the straps on a rocker, swing, or car seat when your little one is in it. However, baby swings, bouncers, and car seats are usually considered safe for babies if they are monitored properly. 

You must know the time factors when you use a baby walker, bouncer, or car seat. It is recommended that you use baby swing no more than 15 minutes per session. If your baby has a reflux problem and wants to treat reflux with baby swings, only then can you use baby swings for 20-30 minutes. Remember, newborn babies‘ neck muscles are very weak to resist any shock and have poor head control. So they need their head supported at all times. This does mean that you should necessarily avoid jostling them or throwing them in the air.   

Fortunately, specialized baby swings for small spaces can ensure your baby gets the maximum head support. But there are some safety tips you can follow to help lower the chances of Shaken baby syndrome. 

Final words

Try to follow all the manufacturer’s instructions. Always monitor your baby and never let him alone when he is in a swing. Use the safety straps/harness to prevent your baby from falling off the swing. In case of any emergency, you should immediately go to the nearest hospital and consult with a doctor.      


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here