If you have a Lenovo laptop and forgot the password to log in to your user account, you won’t be able to access the Windows system. But you don’t have to worry about that because you are about to learn how to unlock lenovo laptop password even without logging in.
This short guide will go over the two best methods for forgot password issues. Be sure to follow each step as laid down here in the guides.
Method 1: Unlock Lenovo Laptop Password if Forgot Using Windows Password Remover (For All Windows System)
Passcope Windows Password Reset presents an excellent way to unlock Lenovo laptop forgot password, no matter the type of user account whose password is lost – it works for admin and standard user accounts. This application is fantastic, as it is both effective and easy to use.
I’ll show you a detailed step-by-step guide. But first, let’s look at some of its main features.
- It works flawlessly for Lenovo laptop forgotten passwords, but it also supports other brands, such as HP, Dell, and others.
- This robust application helps you unlock user accounts, delete them, or create new ones without having to sign in to Windows.
- It supports all Windows operating system editions, including Windows 10, Windows 8, 8.1, Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003, and Windows 2000.
- With Windows Password Reset, you can create a USB or DVD password reset disc easily to unlock laptop password.
How it works (step-by-step guide)
- Download the application
Starting out, you need to get Windows Password Reset onto your machine. Download and install the application on a computer system that is unlocked, and not the locked Lenovo laptop. Carry out this step and the next on this unlocked computer.
After downloading and installing Windows Password Reset, double-click on its icon to launch it. You’re now set to unlock Lenovo laptop password with the help of this tool. Continue to step 2.
- Make a Windows password reset USB or DVD
To unlock lenovo forgot password without password, you need a password reset disc. Thankfully, Passcope Windows tool lets you create one from its interface. To do this, click on either “USB Device” or “CD/DVD,” depending on your available media of choice.
After this, inset the DVD or plug in your USB drive and select it from the list on the dropdown menu. Next, hit the button labeled “Begin burning” to proceed with the password reset disk creation.
Alt: click begin burning to create windows password reset disk
- Make your computer boot from the password reset disk
When you successfully create the Windows password reset media, with the disc inserted in your machine, turn off the computer. To set your USB device as the boot disc for your system, follow the steps below:
- When your computer goes off, power it back on and wait for the screen to light up.
- Immediately the screen comes on, press the BIOS entry key for your model to enter the BIOS setup utility.
- Next, open boot options and choose the newly created Windows password reset disc.
- Unlock Lenovo laptop password
The machine will now boot into the Windows Password Reset program interface. Here, click on the Windows system on the first box labeled “Select a Windows.” Next, select the user account whose password you forgot.
Finally, click on the “Reset” button to begin removing password in Lenovo laptop. Note that on completion of the unlocking, your user account password will be blank. All you have to do now is to restart the computer and log in to your account.
Alt: unlock lenovo laptop password
Method 2: Unlock Lenovo Laptop Password if Forgot Online (For Windows 8/8.1/10 Only)
You can also unlock Lenovo laptop password if your locked account is a Microsoft account. Follow these steps to learn how to unlock Lenovo laptop password using a Microsoft account.
- Visit the Microsoft account forgot password page from an internet browser. Here, click on the forgot password option and hit “Next” to get started.
Alt: microsoft user account password reset page
- After that, on the next page, enter your Microsoft account email address and enter the captcha you see. If the captcha verification succeeds, click the “Next” button.
Alt: type in your email and solve the captcha
- Microsoft will now have to send you a one-time security code. Select where you want to receive this code. Here, we have chosen to get it in my email inbox. Click on the email option and complete the missing characters. Click on “Send code.”
If you are unable to get the code in your email or phone, use the option that says, “I don’t have any of these.” For this, you will have to fill a form and create a new password without the code.
Alt: receive your password reset code
- Microsoft will send you an email containing your password reset code. Copy this code or click on the link to return to the password recovery webpage. Here, enter the code and hit “Next.”
Alt: enter your security code to unlock lenovo laptop password
- Once you enter the correct code and click “Next,” the next page will require you to set a new password. Enter what you want your new password to be and reenter it to confirm the password. Now, click on “Next.”
Alt: set a new microsoft account password
- The next page you are taken to will inform you that the account recovery was successful. Finally, power on your locked Lenovo laptop and log in normally using your Microsoft account. Note that your computer must be connected to the internet for you to be able to sign in.
Lenovo laptop forgotten passwords do not have to spell disaster. If you know how to remove password in Lenovo laptop, you won’t have to clean out your hard drive or take similar drastic steps. Hopefully, the solutions presented in this guide has helped you to unlock Lenovo laptop password.
I highly recommend the application in the first method, Windows Password Reset, for this problem. However, if you are locked out of a Microsoft account, you can always recover your password using the second method.