Finding and choosing a lawyer can be overwhelming, but if you are running a business, there may be times when you will need legal advice, whether for employment matters or disputes, terms and conditions or other legal issues.
LegalDrop is a comparison platform that helps users easily find and match with fully vetted, fixed-fee lawyers. It is an elegant solution that overcomes the concerns that many SMEs face about getting the legal help they need.
LegalDrop found that the top five worries faced by SMEs searching for lawyers are:
- Confusion about what kind of legal help they need
- Confusion about how to find and compare the right lawyer
- Confusion about what engagement looks like and how the process works
- Concerns around fees and potential additional fees
- Uncertainty around what recourse they may have against the lawyer if they are unhappy or something goes wrong
Dror Levy, CEO of LegalDrop, said, “Until LegalDrop, there were few choices when it came to finding the right lawyer.
“You could either ask for a recommendation or trawl the internet for a law firm. The process can be overwhelming, confusing, and unnecessarily time-consuming for cash-strapped and time-poor small businesses.
“Picking the wrong lawyer could do huge damage to your business or, at the very least, not get you the outcome you need and potentially be expensive. What LegalDrop does is bridge the gap between lawyer and client, providing a matchmaking service that guides potential clients to find the right lawyer for their issue.”
LegalDrop works by taking users on a discovery journey to define what they need and then presents them with a choice of vetted lawyers based on price, experience in a particular sector and experience with a particular business size.
LegalDrop helps clients:
- Identify exactly what help they need with a simple and intuitive search process
- Presents users with a choice of fully vetted lawyers that understand their problem; based on experience in a particular sector and experience with relevant business sizes
- It helps users easily agree on terms and budget with no hidden extras, no surprise charges
- Users work directly with the lawyer they’ve chosen, not a law firm.
Sometimes users need more detailed advice for more complex situations. LegalDrop is run by non-lawyers who understand the problems and are willing to go the extra mile to help them. The LegalDrop team also works directly with clients to find a lawyer, especially if they have a complex case.
There is no charge for this personalised service, and the team will look outside the LegalDrop platform to find the right match to meet the business owners’ needs.
“The concept of LegalDrop is based on the successful consumer comparison site models such as Money Supermarket and Checkatrade. People don’t have time to shop around either online or in person, looking for what they need.
“LegalDrop opens up so much choice, and it’s not either the nearest high street law firm or a random firm found online, neither of which might have the relevant experience. It is an innovative solution for SMEs who are used to working with SAAS services, such as Xero etc., to help them get the professional help they need.
“Add to this a personalised service for more complex cases. We are not lawyers, but we are experienced business owners and are empathetic and understand what types of legals businesses need and how confusing the whole process can be.
“The LegalDrop platform simplifies what doesn’t need to be a complicated process. From the fantastic feedback we’ve received, we know that our service works for businesses and that using LegalDrop takes the stress out of finding legal advice,” continues Levy.